A few hours ago I received an email from Emily about the farm advertisement problem due on May 11. I wrote her back. But her question raises general issues for many projects. I’m sure other students also had similar problem with Friday’s homework.
In response, I just wrote
BDA18 Memo =My program runs too slowly v 1.1.
New version! BDA18 My program =slow v 1.2 The memo includes most of my specific suggestions about the May 11 homework. (This may be too late for some students, but most of the ideas were also discussed briefly in class on Monday or Wednesday.)
There are probably multiple typos and errors in the memo. Please send me corrections by email, for class credit.
I am working on the assignment due tomorrow and have encountered a problem. When reducing the TF-IDF matrix to 20 concepts, RStudio always stops working (as indicated by the little ‘Stop’ sign in the console. I’m thinking this is because the farm-ads.csv dataset is too large. Without reducing the concepts, I am unable to move forward with the random forest part of the assignment. I am wondering if there is a solution to this problem or a way to work around it.Apologies in advance for not approaching you with this question earlier. It’s been a very hectic week!Thanks for your help,Emily